Anti Aging Skin Care » Dry Skin » Dry Skin Eczema
Dry Skin Eczema
Dry Skin Eczema is a commonly used term for all types of dry skin allergies. Most of the people in America are seen to be suffering with this skin problem. The term eczema is normally used when the symptoms of dry skin are severe. In these skin allergies, the skin becomes very rough, dull and flaky. It develops rashes on it. In the dry skin eczema, the liquids in the skin tend to evaporate at a high rate, which leads to the excessive dryness of skin. The skin loses its luster and looks scaly. This dry skin problem can be kept under control by providing the skin with necessary oils internally as well as externally.
Causes of dry skin eczema:
- This skin allergy is caused excessively by exposing the skin to the too cool or too hot temperatures. This makes the skin to lose moisture and become dry and itchy.
- We know that anything in excess is dangerous. Similarly, taking a bath more than twice a day is harmful for skin. This can make the skin dry.
- Some people have allergies with metals such as gold, silver, etc. These allergies can also result into the eczema for dry skin.
- This eczema can be a cause of bad eating habits. The excessive intake of alcohol leads to the drying of skin. This can be a result of genetic factors. Sometimes the diseases like diabetes and psoriasis affect the skin badly, making it flaky and dry.
- The regular use of clothes has a great effect on the type of skin. The harsh cloths like silk, wool show adverse effects on the skin. They can cause the skin itching, which in turn results into the dryness.
- Some people make unnecessary use of skin care products. This results into the skin dryness. The use of improper creams, soaps or ointments also makes the skin to suffer a lot.
Treatments for dry skin eczema:
To cure the skin from dry skin eczema, one should essentially avoid its contact with extreme environmental conditions. One has to limit the wash or bath to twice daily. One should eat the juicy fruits and green vegetables. The care should be taken that the regular diet should contain required amount of minerals, vitamins and proteins. It is beneficial to drink minimum eight glasses of water or more every day to compensate the amount of water that is evaporated.
People should use the cotton clothes, as they do not provide any skin irritation. People whose skin is sensitive to the metals should avoid wearing jewelry daily. One should avoid scratching the skin, though it is quite natural when the skin becomes dry. If one severely scratches the skin, the skin can develop red patches on it. This can make the skin condition go worse that can ultimately turn into eczema.
The use of unsuitable skin care lotions, soaps, ointments should be avoided. The detergents you use daily should not be too harsh. It is better to have these products with little chemical content. Eczema is a common term used for most of the severe skin troubles. When it comes to the serious allergies for dry skin, the term dry skin eczema is popularly used. This skin allergy can be cured effectively by following above mentioned treatments.